Sunday 30 September 2012

No, Not New Image

A little obscurity to tide you over until next Friday.

I've just got back from a week on the Isle of Wight, and I seem to have spent the entire seven days either walking the dog or picking through piles of vinyl in charity shops. This is one of the many oddities I picked up (for the princely sum of 33p) in Cowes.

I can't tell you much about Nu/Imij - the act that put out this peculiar, one-sided 33 rpm picture disc: I know that they hailed from California and, as far as I am aware, this 1982 single (on Azra/Erika Records of Maywood) was their only release. That's it. It's a rather unusual pressing: the picture side is unplayable and both tracks appear on the reverse, cut on standard vinyl. The company put out other discs - Tools of the Trade by the Orange County-based hair metal act Special Forces (Azra/Erika 050) was a one-sided four track mini album - but neither of the two tracks on this release - Model T.A (a substandard Beach Boys rip-off) and I'd Walk an Indoor Mile have any writer credits and I've been unable to discover any other info about the band.

Still, for now enjoy Nu/Imij and I'd Walk an Indoor Mile - and do let me know if you have any further information on the five piece behind this.

2 comments:

  1. ha. sounds like my friends band from when we were fourteen. first riffs, first girls, first hand. thxs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Graham - really useful info. What a chaotic release schedule though!

    ReplyDelete

WWR Most Popular Posts