Friday 9 October 2020

Two More From Edna Mae

It was only a few months ago, May to be precise, that I first featured the deliriously wonderful Edna Mae Henning on this here blog. I would not normally revisit an artist so soon after first introducing them, but earlier this week I became the proud owner of one of her more obscure 45s, and I felt obliged to share it with you as soon as I could, especially as neither seems to be available elsewhere on these here internets.


Please Mr Dee-Jay, backed with Getting the Blues Over You was issued by Edna's own Henning (or Henning's, depending on which part of the label you're looking at) Surprise Records in 1981. As on all of the tracks I've heard so far from Edna May both feature that wonderfully amateur Honky-Tonk piano and her equally wonderful discordant, highly accented vocals. It's divine.


Apologies for the brevity of this post, but if you would like to know more about the life of Edna Mae (well, if you would like me to share what little I know about it) may I direct you to the previous post, where you will also find two other tracks, Mama, Forgive Your Truckin’ Man, and  I Can’t Get Over You.  


Enjoy!


Download Dee-Jay HERE


Download Blues HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

WWR Most Popular Posts